A Report on Ethan’s First Day At Tutorial

Thursday morning came this week and Ethan wasn’t feeling well. I didn’t think it was nerves about school, but I couldn’t tell for sure if he just had a cold or something that should keep him home. I was disappointed when we agreed that he should probably stay home. I messaged his tutorial teachers. 10 minutes later Ethan said he thought he was feeling ok. What? Ack! Only 15 minutes to go until we are supposed to be checking in for the day. It’s a 10 minute drive to get there.

Everyone quickly put on their shoes. Miraculously, we made it in time! Audrey and I had packed his backpack the day before. She had even written a note and put it in his planner.

[pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-HZQuoEhFcdc/U_AP_OkgJCI/AAAAAAABeSw/4SGWzz8IHwg/s144-o/IMG_0863.JPG” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/118259776065704938395/20140816#6048351878475949090″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”IMG_0863.JPG” ]

¬†Sorry that it’s sideways and hard to read. It says, “Made by Audrey. Have a fun time at tutorial. You have everything you need.” On the back she had a picture of Ethan holding his backpack and yoga mat and Audrey drew herself waving at him.

It melted my heart. She had asked to help me pack his bag and was so serious about it.

After the family time of singing, scripture reading, pledge to the flag and devotion time, it was time to dismiss the kids to their first class. They called for Ethan’s class and I showed him where the teacher was standing and he went on his way. Audrey and Isaac and I stayed for a brief parent meeting and then we went home. The tutorial goes from 8:30-3:00 on Thursdays. At noon, the parents (usually moms) are supposed to return to have lunch with their kids. After watching Ethan walk off to his first class, I realized that I wasn’t sure what class he had right before lunch. That presented a bit of a problem in meeting up with him. After wandering a little, we found him finishing up his typing class.

Lunch time was full of reports on how the first classes had went. All got thumbs up from Ethan. Thumbs WAY up. He had finished writing class, music, botany and typing. After lunch we left so he could finish his last two classes: TN History and Physical Fitness Challenge. At the end of the day, Ethan reported that is was awesome! He even talked me into getting them all chocolate shakes to celebrate.

Ethan and I both ended the day very, very tired.

2 thoughts on “A Report on Ethan’s First Day At Tutorial”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *