I’m pretty sure I’ve never been successful with New Year’s resolutions. Most of them, I had given up on by this point in the year.
Lately, I’ve been inspired by reading the “Finish Year” posts on Jon Acuff’s blog. Every week he gives an update on Sunday of how he is doing on specific goals. I’m going to jump on that bandwagon almost 1/3 of the way through the year. Why? Because I’m not giving up on the last 8 months of 2012.
This is what I want to accomplish by the end of 2012.
- Have people over for dinner 9 times.
- Plan a fun event for the kids weekly.
- Track all the food that I eat at least 4 out of 7 days a week.
- Find/Make and follow a housekeeping schedule.
- Memorize the book of James (include kids in this if possible).
- Read 10 books.
There are other things I would like to accomplish and that I may or may not do, but I thought I would limit this list to specific things that are easy to measure. What’s on your list?